People have used black seed oil for its therapeutic benefits for thousands of years. Rumour has it that Cleopatra used black seed oil for her famous bath… so let’s talk about it.
What is Black Seed Oil?
Black seeds are also known as black caraway, black cumin, kalonji, and black onion seeds.
They come from Nigella sativa, a small plant with pale purple, blue, or white flowers that grows in Eastern Europe, Western Asia, and the Middle East. The most highly regarded black seed oil comes from Egypt.
When used topically, Black Seed oil boasts a wide range of incredible benefits, some are…
- Eczema: A study in 2013 compared the therapeutic effects of Black Seed Oil vs those with prescription medication and the study showed that black seed oil can reduce the severity of hand eczema.
- Acne: due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects, black seed oil could also help to improve acne. Black seed oil has been found to possess astringent properties that can help reduce the build-up of impurities on the skin surface.
- Black seed oil may also hydrate hair, soften skin, and act as a moisturizer
- It contains over 100 vitamins and minerals – incredible! You don’t find many oils more nourishing than that.
- It contains vitamins A, B, and C which help the skin retain moisture, maintain elasticity and fight free radicals.
- Due to the rich levels of vitamin A, amino acids, and fatty acids in this, it can help to regenerate skin cells and reduce the appearance of discolouration over time.
You can find Black Seed Oil in…
HAER SUSINUM Luxuriant Hair Oil
This a beautiful hair oil. It has a gorgeous, addictive scent and leaves the hair feeling shiny, nourished and smooth. A sophisticated blend of 18 of the most effective, 100% natural botanical origin ingredients. The Black Seed Oil in this oil has regenerative properties – it traditionally is used to promote hair growth with its own unique fatty acid profile, leaving the hair conditioned and softened all day long.
Article written by: WOW Beauty: wowbeaty.co
July 20th, 2020. Ingredients Index: Black Seed Oil
The full article can be found on the WOW Beauty website at: